- Since I was first elected in the 90’s, I’ve been supporting our friends and families at Pride events — not only for sexual orientation, but also for gender identity.
- I was the first Georgia legislator to sponsor a bill to create a state hate crimes law, a fight I continue to lead to this day.
- Pushed Georgia democrats to champion domestic partner benefits.
- For centuries, our nation’s promise that we are all created equal has gone unfulfilled. I believe in an Atlanta where we judge people by the content of their character, and nothing else. That’s why I support equal protections for all under the law, no matter your race, religion, creed, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, age, class, or ability.
- Fighting Atlanta’s HIV/AIDS Crisis